When negotiating funding agreements with a public body, an appreciation of the various state aid thresholds is essential.
If Universities become active in replacing the goods and services in the competitive market, they need to understand and take account of State Aid rules.
Our Team can guide you through:
- Treaty of Rome, Articles 107 – 109
- The Transparency Directive
- Procedural Regulations
- Block exemptions implemented by Regulations
- Guidelines and Frameworks
State Aid can take many forms. We can advise on:
- Cash injections
- Deferral of tax, social security or other payments due to the state
- Sales of land/assets at discounted rates
- Buying land/assets at inflated prices
- Writing off operating losses
- Consultancy advice
- Urban regeneration activities (“gap funding schemes”)
- Landfill tax credit funding
- Free advertising on state owned television
- Infrastructure projects benefiting specific users
Advice on the above is given in conjunction with a detailed knowledge of relevant block exemption procedures.